Friday 11 September 2020

Basket ball

 Basket ball with the kiwi sports people


For P.E the kiwi sports coaches came to our school to teach us about the game of basketball with us. We started off with a game of basket ball tag. Have you played basketball tag before? We had to tag people with the ball then they will freeze. To free them we had to do the floss for 5 seconds.

We had to make our tummy face the ball so we did some cool passing it was hard but I could do it. The time I had some momentum I dropped the ball then I got really mad with myself.

So then we did some moves. One was called the sandwich, we had to spin while dribbling it was easy. You use the sandwich in a game so the opponent can't steal the ball from you. Another trick was bouncing the ball through our l
egs. In total there was five tricks.

I was sweating!!! But then it was near the end so we played a  Game.We had to be in a circle and we had to tackle the ball from the other player.  then were in the middle and try save the ball. 

I was sweating but then I had a big drink of water. Then I was ok. I did writing after and then I was finished.


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora. I am Mya from St Mary’s School.
    I really liked how you explained about what you did. I have not played basketball tag. Is it a fun game? And I have a question, Who is the basket player?
    I learnt that you had to tag people with the ball then they will freeze. And to free them you had to do the floss for 5 seconds.
    Maybe you could add some more about the games you played and how to play them.
    Please visit my blog
    here

    Mā te wā
    Mya



    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Bryson from Ahipara school and I have never heard of basketball tag but it sounds really fun.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.